To help you getting started with your first diyHue deployment, have a look at this shopping list. This introduction is very short and abbreviated. You can find all details and much more at the documentation of diyHue.
In a Nutshell:
- diyHue – Hue Emulator will Emulate a Bridge
- diyHue controls and manages your diyLights build by yourself (ESP8266 + LEDs)
- implements existing 3rd party Lights (Yeelight, Ikea Bulb, Hue Bulb)
- implements 3rd party Sensors and Switches (Xiaomi, Ikea, Hue Dimmer)
- works on your own Network (no cloud connection)
- 1x System with Python or Docker (e.g. Raspberry Pi) for Hue Emulator
- 1x ESP8266 Microcontroller + Firmware + LEDs + Power Supply
NodeMCU / Wemods D1 and other ESP8266 variants:Don´t power too many LEDs via Vin or USB it will kill the Diode!
Connect Power direct to LEDs